Everything to Bring in Your Beach Tote
Beach tote., We’ve all been there: you take a long stroll down the boardwalk, eager for a much needed day at the beach. You kick off your flip-flops and feel the sand between your toes, thinking this is heaven. The last thing you’re focused on in your moment of bliss is what is (or isn’t) in your tote.
You kick off your flip-flops and feel the sand between your toes, thinking this is heaven. The last thing you’re focused on in your moment of bliss is what is (or isn’t) in your tote.
It’s not fun to get to the beach and forget to bring something important along. Read on for a great checklist of things to include in your beach tote!
For a perfect day, your beach tote should include:
- Mats or blankets: Every beach tote should include at least one or two for maximum comfort. We recommend using a mat or blanket made of cotton, as they seem to be the softest and most durable.
- An Umbrella: Always make sure you’ve got your trusty beach umbrella with you! The perfect umbrella should be large enough to block out the sun, but small enough that it isn’t a pain to carry around.
- Snacks: What’s a day at the beach without a delicious assortment of snacks? Have everyone in your party pick a favorite snack, then tuck them away in your tote for when everyone gets hungry. Don’t forget the drinks! It’s easy to get dehydrated when you’re having fun in the sun.
- Sunscreen: You probably knew it was coming, but we can’t stress just how important sunscreen is — even if you’ve got an umbrella. While a day at the beach is great, coming back redder than a lobster is less than ideal.
- A small first aid kit: While the beach is a great place for some rest and relaxation, we realize that accidents do happen. It’s surprisingly easy to scrape a knee or succumb to a jellyfish sting. Don’t come unprepared! Pack bandages, neosporin, and some ibuprofin just in case.
- A portable speaker: Sun, surf, and sound — what could be better? Any day at the beach is improved with a few tunes! Tuck away a small portable speaker system (preferrably waterproof) so you and your crew can enjoy some music while basking in the sun.
- A book or e reader: Few things are as relaxing as reading a great book while the surf washes over your toes. Pack your favorite beach read in either physical or digital form! Though if you go with an e reader, make sure the glare from the sun won’t be too much.
- A beach chair: It doesn’t need to be fancy, but if you’re looking for something high-end, we recommend a portable recliner seat. You’ll want to make sure you’re prepared for maximum comfort on your perfect day. If you want something a bit fancier, check out our portable camping seat capable of comfortably seating multiple compartments for your gadgets. It even has armrests!
Packing the perfect tote can be a bit of a challenge. But if you’ve followed the above, you should be ready for a great day. We understand that having fun can be serious business and we want to help. So stick to BeachSandChairs for more great tips on how to maximize your time by the water.